“Directors must put in place and fully inform themselves of the organisation’s integrity practices” – ASC Guidelines for Directors 2016.
Professional sport is now a competitive billion-dollar industry. With this size and maturity comes an expectation that Directors and Senior Management will put in place appropriate governance and risk management procedures to protect stakeholders and the community.
The regulatory environment effecting codes and clubs within Australia consists of the following, just to name a few:
- Australian Sports Commission
- National Integrity Unit of Sport
- Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority / World Anti-Doping Authority
- Overarching these are Australian and World corruption legislation which carry the prospect of uncapped fines and imprisonment.
Additionally there is increased competition for sponsors, media rights and strong corporate relationships. Without the right Integrity Risk Management Framework in place your organisation is at the risk of fines, financial loss and brand damage which could be the difference between success and being left behind.
Sportsafe’s Integrity Framework and Advisory Services provide you with best practice guidelines, processes and tools to effectively prevent, detect and respond to player integrity and misconduct issues.
Our framework consists of six key elements:
- Risk Assessment
- Policy and procedure review and development
- Education and awareness
- Investigation and incident response
- Player welfare and creating a speak up culture, and
- Directors Assurance.
Interlocking each are communication and escalation procedures to make sure stakeholders who need to know of an incident are informed at the right time.
Simple and effective, combined with Sportsafe’s ongoing support to ensure no matter the situation, you are equipped to get it right first time. Click here to go to our frequently asked questions for more information.